Uncared and unattended, my poor blog is showing all symptoms of slipping into a coma, isn’t it? It’s about time I do everything in my power to nurse it back to good health. So here’s my attempt to get into the habit of writing by jotting some random notes from my life.
– We had a grand Memorial Day weekend. One of our good friends visited us. P is someone I went to college with, but I barely knew her then. It was only when our paths crossed again a few years later, did our friendship blossom in unexpected ways. Fast forward a decade later, we, collectively as a family, bond well. This time around it was special because P is expecting!
– Our house feels forlorn and empty – the kind of mood that fills the air following Deepavali or Christmas. The festivities have passed, leaving you with wishing for more merriment. The festival in our case being, the IPL matches. The cricket crazy child in our house is deliriously happy that his favorite team, Mumbai Indians, won the championship. The scandal around the match fixing is pathetic, I guess greed has no boundaries.
– The very same cricket crazy child is sporting a new look. I am not talking about a new hair style, something bigger. Hari has started wearing prescription glasses. I was a little heart broken – he is only in second grade, and the glasses will hide his killer eyelashes, so on and so forth went my mommy mind. But the child was totally psyched with his new accessory, so I made peace with it. With or without glasses, he is my handsome, who looks even more distinguished with his glasses.
– So what’s the diaper dude up to? For starters, we have given him a new name, kutty chatthan. He doesn’t quite grasp what kutty chatthan means but realizes it has a negative connotation, so he promptly corrects us, “I am not kutty chatthan, I am baby kutty, ok?” Yeah, two year olds are very endearing that way.
– We have started taking baby steps towards un-diapering the diaper dude and when it comes to potty training, who do you think is the authority? Not the mom, not the dad, but the one and only Diaper Fairy. Never heard of one? Us too, atleast not until a couple of months back when a friend mooted the idea. So on days that we have a stubborn toddler who refuses to wear his underwear, we invoke the Diaper Fairy. The journey has just begun, and it promises to be an adventurous one!
– Da and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary this May. I remembered the date, but did not quite remember how many years have passed. I say once you have crossed the 10 year mark, does it matter whether it is 11, 12 or 13! What matters is what you have made out of those 12 or 13 years. I am not a romantic person, but I do believe in the kind of lasting love that grows deeper and richer as you walk together traversing the ups and downs of life. I feel blessed to be sharing the journey of life with Da, who is malleable enough to take the form that I need him to be – a problem solver, a sounding board, a guardian angel, or a confidant. Always supporting, always there for us. God bless him!
– The weather is bright and sunny. I get to work from home a lot these days. So have been able to enjoy the warmth a bit more. As I brew my evening tea, I sit by the kitchen door, with my laptop perched on my lap, typing away, with the chattering of the birds to give me company. Working from home also means Hari comes home directly from school. I will admit that there is a part of me that really misses working from office. There is something about face to face meeting and conversations over cubicles that no technology advancement can replace.
– Oh speaking of work and working from home, I got myself an iphone from my company. Before you ooh and aah over it, let me confess that mine is probably the most underutilized iphone in the whole wide world. I have not downloaded a single app. All I use it for is to make calls and check my work emails when I am offline during work hours. Having used the iphone, I can see why it is addicting. It sure is a handy little thing to have.
How are things in your neck of the woods? Anything new, fun or exciting? Do let me know. Signing of for now but hoping to be back more often.