… to someone who,
– instilled the love of reading – “keep reading even if you don’t understand because at some point you will,’ and introduced me to the world of PG Wodehouse.
– exposed me to bhajans, slokams and music. Mondays are for MS Pancharatnamala, Tuesdays are for Kandha Sashti by Sulamangalam sisters, Wednesdays are for Bhaja Govindam, Thursdays are for Hanuman Chalisa/Raghavendra sokamsm, Fridays’ are for Devi stotram, and Saturdays for Vishnu Sahasranamam.
– got me into the habit of sending New Year wishes, and believing in new beginnings. Thanks to you, it’s such a non tradeable and favorite part of the new year.
– is full of compassion, is a perfectionist, and a stickler for routine. If you are looking for a role model to be disciplined, he is the man!
– always made it clear that family comes first and gave us a happy, memorable, and fun filled childhood.
Appa – here’s wishing you heartful of happiness, peace of mind and the pinkest of health, now and always…! Ending this post with a show off of my dad’s lovely lovely pencil sketches, some of which have been traced while others drawn by him. I am not exaggerating when I say this is one of my prized inheritance. These drawings are older than I am, and the fact that he has preserved them over the years, despite several moves, says a lot about how organized he is.