We are not a huge Deepavali family here. Between Navarathri and Halloween, it slips through the cracks. Passing along a Deepavali quote that was passed along to me.
I liked the reminder to take the time to reconnect with oneself given that sometimes the noise in the outside world can drown you. On this Deepavali and always, light the lamps and surround yourself with people who bring brightness to your life. Happy Deepavali to you and yours!
“It is Deepavali and while we all light our houses, do spend some time today to light a few lamps inside you and sit in silence with your eyes closed.
- Light the first lamp inside you and let it burn your anger and or jealousy that you may have for any one, see it melt away.
- Light the second lamp and let it burn away unwanted greed and desires. Feel happy and content with what you have been blessed with.
- Light the third lamp and let it fade away all insecurities that you may have in your mind related to anything. Just believe that you will have enough to survive.
- Light the 4th lamp and carry that lamp to each part of your body, let it burn away all your cells that maybe hurt. Feel healthy as this lamp travels to each body part and illuminates each organ.
- The 5th lamp is a miniature of the Sun. Nothing but light. Light it in the centre of your body and let it fill the warmth and love inside your whole body. Feel one with the Divine & let the love and warmth seep through your smile, eyes, speech and body.
Carry this love with you through out the day and you will find that everyone who meets you is happy imbibing your spirits! Light these 5 lamps each day of your life!”